Sunday, April 10, 2011

More like the RMS FAIL

This week was a little tricky for me, I wasn't sure what to write about. A lot of crap went down this week, and they're all pretty famous. There's Jackie Robinson, Lincoln being shot, and the Civil War ending (cue, Lincoln being shot). But I think that I'll write this weeks blog on something that we all already know about: The Titanic.

No hard feelings, right Abe?
Yep, this week is the 99th anniversary of the sinking of the RMS Titanic, that unsinkable ship that effed it up when it struck an iceburg in the icy N. Atlantic. Now, I know you all think that you know the story of the Titanic but you probably don't. There was no romance, no suicidal broads saved by peasant artists. Just cold, cold death by drowning while rich people paddled away in their life boats.
*Cue depressing trombone music*


Ok, sorry for being a little depressing, but I mean, 1517 people DID die, so its hard not to be depressing. Titanic isn't exactly as happy as the invention of the Hula Hoop. Anyway, the boat was massive for its time, at 900 feet long.  It struck the ice-burg at around 11:40 pm and finally sunk around 2am. The really sad part was that there were only lifeboats for less than half of the passengers. They decided not to add the extra lifeboats for aesthetic reasons. Well, that wasn't a good idea. 

Ugh well now I've depressed myself. April sucks, we have Lincoln dying, Titanic and Columbine right around the corner. I'm going to need some Xanax by the end of it just to get out of bed in the morning.
Well I guess the best thing to do right now is cleanse the palate, and what better way to do that than with SOME KITTIES

1 comment:

  1. I know it is not at ALL historically accurate, but i still love the Titianic (the movie). I touched part of the hull (now I'm talking about the boat) while on an exhibit and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life

    ReplyDelete